Why We Use WordPress Instead of Wix to Build Websites
We recently wrote about why a skilled professional web designer should lay out and build your website. Here in the Prescott area, we are the experts in all aspects of internet marketing. Now we will explain why we choose WordPress as our platform for the foundation of our internet sites.
What is the Best Platform for Building Websites?
The three major platforms for the design and creation of a website are Wix, Weebly, and WordPress. Each choice possesses some appealing features. However, if you decide to have a professionally constructed site (and you should), WordPress is hands-down the best option for most small businesses.
Wix Versus WordPress
In recent years, Wix has skyrocketed in popularity. Many celebrities and high-profile people are hosted on Wix. However, WordPress remains the preferred establishment for about a third of internet promotion for businesses. While both Wix and WordPress are fine platforms, they are quite different in many respects. Here is the most important distinction:
- Wix is a site builder. That means it is user-friendly, and most technical issues will be resolved for you.
- WordPress is a powerful content management system (CMS), which allows the user to add, edit, and remove content from a website without the involvement of a webmaster. However, WordPress requires more technical knowledge.
So, the bottom line is that you can make changes in your content faster and more efficiently, but you need to have the technical know-how. That is where Ablaze Media comes in! We are experts, not only in the design and creation of websites but also in keeping them current.
Weebly Versus WordPress
Weebly is also somewhat of a rising star, with over 50 million sites. Yet WordPress still dominates the field. Like Wix, Weebly is significantly different than WordPress:
- Wix is an all-in-one builder. It is good for beginners but has some limitations in the way you can design it. For non-coders, it can be an acceptable option.
- WordPress is a self-hosted open-source platform. That means that you can create a site completely from scratch. Wix has everything built in for you, making it easy to construct a website. However, you will wind up with more of a “cookie-cutter” type of online promotion.
Again, if a company of professional experts designs your website, there is no limit to your creativity, flair, and branding. Your effectiveness in online marketing will be outstanding!
WordPress Versus Wix: Why is WordPress the Best Choice?
Here at Ablaze Media, we use WordPress, because it provides us with the power to create the best, unique and custom-designed website for any kind of business. Working with WordPress can be compared to constructing a structure with building blocks. Using WordPress, the expert designers at Ablaze will create your business website site, build an online store, start a blog, or anything else that will fit your needs and help to grow your business. WordPress offers:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) that is built-in
- Themes that are not only for computers but ever-growing mobile devices
- Monetization tools, meaning more profit for you!
Ablaze Media specializes in producing striking websites for small businesses that will draw traffic and generate terrific SEO using WordPress. We recognize that your website needs to be affordable to you. We will customize a promotional internet venue to fit your budget. Ablaze Media will help you with all of your marketing plans. Ablaze Media works with small businesses in Prescott, Prescott Valley, Dewey Mayer, Chino Valley, and remotely, anywhere in the world! Call us or text us at 928-460-3134 or visit us at https://ablaze.media.