Your website is the perfect platform to build brand awareness, promote your product and make sales. When utilized properly, it can also be the catalyst for the growth and success of your business.
There are various moving parts to a successful website, such as an intuitive design and integrations with tools such as your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. This article by Ablaze Media takes you through all the essentials needed for creating a successful business website.
Prioritize SEO Requirements
As reported by Tech Jury, there are around 6 billion Google searches a day and less than 5% of users navigate to the second page of the results. To website traffic, you need to rank on the first page. Based on search engine algorithms, websites that are SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly are ranked higher.
Here’s how you can improve your website’s SEO score:
- Use Google Keyword Planner to conduct keyword research for topics in your niche and create fresh, compelling content. This includes blogs, text on your home page, and all subsequent pages.
- Ensure all website pages have proper title tags, meta descriptions, and alt-image tags.
- Have an SEO-friendly URL structure.
- Design your website to have fast load times, minimum crashes, and proper security certificates.
- Utilize influencers to promote your website on their platforms and generate backlinks. This increases the trustworthiness of your website among search engines.
Do you need help with content marketing or SEO? Ablaze Media specializes in digital marketing! We even wrote a book about it!
Be Mobile Friendly
According to Statista, the current number of worldwide mobile internet users stands at over 4 billion, constituting more than 56% of total online traffic. This means that more users will visit your website on their phones than on a desktop.
A mobile-friendly website needs to be a business priority, as 40% of customers have reported moving to a competitor after having a bad mobile experience. Additionally, mobile friendliness is an important factor used by search engines to rank websites.
A good mobile-friendly website includes the following:
- Design based on insights from customer research
- Simple navigation menus and quick links
- A consistent color scheme on all pages in line with brand colors
- Varied typography highlighting important statistics and product benefits
Having a well-designed mobile website with fast loading times will make you rank higher than competitors, leading to increased business.
Need help with creating a mobile-friendly website? We love making websites. Check out our services here.
Have a Catchy Banner
Once a user lands on your website, you only have a few seconds to make a good impression. A well-designed banner does just that. A banner with high conversions has the following features:
- Aesthetic design including images of your target customers or the best products
- A headline clearly stating what your brand is about and its benefit for the customer
- A prominent Call to Action (CTA) encouraging the user to engage with your banner and move further into the sales funnel
While hiring a graphic designer is a viable option (and we offer extensive graphic design services), you can save on time and cost by using Adobe Spark’s banner generator. With numerous templates and designs, you are sure to find the banner best suited for your business. Additionally, its intuitive editor allows you to customize based on your brand colors and include custom images to generate brand awareness and ensure brand recall.
Additionally, your website will generate a tremendous amount of data which includes customer information and behavior, traffic metrics, sales statistics, and more. Conventionally this data will be bifurcated among various places such as your Customer Resource Management (CRM) software, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system, and numerous other spreadsheets. It is advised that you connect your various systems via API integration, allowing them to seamlessly share data without human intervention.
Integrating your tool with your website provides you the following benefits:
- Increased efficiency through real-time data sharing and automating processes such as invoices, payment reminders, report publishing through workflows
- Improved decision making as data from all departments is readily available to all stakeholders
- Reduced data duplication by avoiding human error through automation
- Boost employee collaboration as teams seamlessly share data and take quicker decisions
Your website is a crucial element for the success of your business. By implementing the above-mentioned steps you can expect an increase in traffic, website conversions, and revenue. Explore Ablaze Media’s offerings here.